In this final episode of 2020, the mic is turned on Sujani as she gets interviewed by her friend Lathika about the one year journey of producing the PH SPOTlight podcast. In this celebratory episode, they talk about the past, present, and future of PH SPOT.
- How Sujani is feeling about one year of podcasting, especially having launched PHSpotlight a few months before the pandemic started
- Sujani’s full story of discovering public health and her journey; Lathika shares her similar journey to discovering public health
- The two talk about PH SPOT and how it has become a great platform for those who will be discovering the field of public health, especially since the pandemic has shown a spotlight on this field
- Going back to 2017, Sujani talks about the launch of PH SPOT, the two moments she realised the need for such a platform and the project that kickstarted what we see as the platform today
- What motivates the team to continue PH SPOT
- Discussion on the popular podcast episodes/topics of 2020 and what to expect for 2021
- Sujani’s journey into entrepreneurship, which started off from an assignment during her Master of Public health degree, which lead to the founding of her not-for-profit organization and eventually PH SPOT
- Tips for individuals in the field of public health interested in entrepreneurship
- Sujani’s final message to the PH SPOT community that the platform is a community driven iniative and that this is your platform!
After guiding a number of public health students and new grads since 2013, Sujani created PH SPOT to reach, inspire and support public health professionals. Sujani enjoys seeing people around her grow and become the best version of themselves! She is obsessed with elevating the people behind public health.
Lathika Laguwaran is a Research Manager at the Global Strategy Lab. She has a Master’s degree in Public Health from the University of Saskatchewan and a Bachelor of Science from the University of Toronto. At GSL, Lathika manages the day to day operations of the lab while taking the lead on research projects pertaining to health news misinformation and international law. Her passion for public health has led her to be actively involved in the Tamil Health Association (a not for profit organization that serves the Tamil community in Toronto) as the Director of Community Health Research and a Board of Director for the Human Rights Internet (a not for profit organization that focuses on human rights information and resources relevant to Canada). Lathika was previously the Assistant Director of the Global Health Law Clinic.
- Podcast episode featuring Lathika: Career advancement & family life: perspectives from a global health research manager, with Lathika Laguwaran
- Contributing to the blog: www.phspot.ca/contribute
- Sharing ideas for the podcast: Fill out this form
Other PH SPOT resources:
- Never heard of a podcast before? Read this guide we put together to help you get set up.
- Be notified when new episodes come out, and receive hand-picked public health opportunities every week by joining the PH SPOT community.